Team:Grenoble/Biology/Notebook/July/week 33

From 2012.igem.org

(Difference between revisions)
Line 42: Line 42:
     We transformed (new <a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/Transformation_2">protocol</a>) BW25113 WT
     We transformed (new <a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/Transformation_2">protocol</a>) BW25113 WT
competent cells (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/Competence">protocol</a>) with pSB3C5.<br/>
competent cells (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/Competence">protocol</a>) with pSB3C5.<br/>
-
     <br/>
+
</section>
 +
 
 +
<section>
 +
     <h2> Wednesday, August 15<span class="exposant">th</span>:</h2>
 +
    We did an experiment (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/AND_test">protocol</a>) in order to test the "AND" gate (CRP-cAMP & araC) without the amplifier module. The M9 medium used was complemented: 0.1% acetate.
 +
</section>
 +
 
 +
<section>
 +
    <h2>Thursday, August 16<span class="exposant">th</span>:</h2>
 +
We did some colony PCRs with HF Phusion enzyme (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/PCR_2">protocol</a>) in order to amplify pSB1A3 (araC), pSB3C5 (araC), pSB3C5 (pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP_RBS_Cya) and pSB4C5 (pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP_RBS_Cya)<br/>
 +
<br/>
 +
Then, we did some digestions (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/Restriction">protocol</a>). The digestions were achieved with two restriction enzymes:
 +
<ul>
 +
<li> pOmpC with EcoRI and SpeI during 10 minutes </li>
 +
<li> pOmpC with EcoRI</li>
 +
<li> pSB4K5 with EcoRI and SpeI during 10 minutes</li>
 +
<li> pSB4K5 with EcoRI during 10 minutes</li>
 +
</ul>
 +
<br/>
 +
To separate (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/Gel">protocol</a>) the PCR and the digestion products, we prepared a 1.8% TAE agarose gel.<br/>
 +
Migration conditions = 100V during 30 min.<br/>
 +
In order to reveal the DNA fragments, we used <a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/EtBr">EtBr</a>.<br/>
 +
<br/>
 +
The PCR and the digestion worked well, we realised a DNA extraction (<a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Grenoble/Biology/Protocols/DNA_extract">protocol</a>) from the pSB1A3 (araC) and pSB4C5 (pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP_RBS_Cya) PCR products.<br/>
 +
<br/>
 +
 
 +
 
   
   
</div>
</div>

Revision as of 22:52, 26 September 2012

iGEM Grenoble 2012

Project

August

Week 31Week 32Week 33Week 34Week 35

Week 33: August 13th to 19th

Goal of the week:

Assembly of:
  • pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP and RBS_Cya.
  • pompC and mcherry
  • Tap and EnvZ

Monday, August 13th:

We did some verification PCRs on miniprep with HF Phusion enzyme (protocol) in order to check the Gibson Assembly products (12/09/09>.
Annealing temperature = 55°C.

To separate (protocol) the PCR products, we prepared a 1.8% TAE agarose gel.
Migration conditions = 100V during 30 min.
In order to reveal the DNA fragments, we used EtBr.

It showed no significant results (data not shown).

Tuesday, August 14th:

We did an experiment (protocol) in order to test the "AND" gate (CRP-cAMP & araC) without the amplifier module.

We transformed (new protocol) BW25113 WT competent cells (protocol) with pSB3C5.

Wednesday, August 15th:

We did an experiment (protocol) in order to test the "AND" gate (CRP-cAMP & araC) without the amplifier module. The M9 medium used was complemented: 0.1% acetate.

Thursday, August 16th:

We did some colony PCRs with HF Phusion enzyme (protocol) in order to amplify pSB1A3 (araC), pSB3C5 (araC), pSB3C5 (pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP_RBS_Cya) and pSB4C5 (pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP_RBS_Cya)

Then, we did some digestions (protocol). The digestions were achieved with two restriction enzymes:
  • pOmpC with EcoRI and SpeI during 10 minutes
  • pOmpC with EcoRI
  • pSB4K5 with EcoRI and SpeI during 10 minutes
  • pSB4K5 with EcoRI during 10 minutes

To separate (protocol) the PCR and the digestion products, we prepared a 1.8% TAE agarose gel.
Migration conditions = 100V during 30 min.
In order to reveal the DNA fragments, we used EtBr.

The PCR and the digestion worked well, we realised a DNA extraction (protocol) from the pSB1A3 (araC) and pSB4C5 (pAra/Bad_RBS_GFP_RBS_Cya) PCR products.