Team:Technion/8 August 2012

From 2012.igem.org



Team:Technion/8_August_2012
March
MTWTFSS
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
April
MTWTFSS
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30
May
MTWTFSS
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
June
MTWTFSS
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
July
MTWTFSS
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
August
MTWTFSS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
September
MTWTFSS
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
October
MTWTFSS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
November
MTWTFSS
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30


Ilya

- Checked the sequencing results for BBa I0462. There is no way it is BBa I0462. A couple of days ago, I noticed that the experience info about this BioBrick states that it is actually a different BioBrick. Trying to clone this part was a waste of time. I will amplify the correct BBa I0462 from BBa F2620 using PCR and clone it downstream to R0062+RS+mCh.
- Glycerol stock of BBa F2620. Freezer position is 3C.
- Miniprep of BBa F2620. Concentrations are: 1F - 168.5 ng/ul, 2F - 169.5 ng/ul.
- The plate reader results seem to be weird. There is no change with concentration and the auto-fluorescence seems to be very high. Maybe the riboswitch doesn't function as expected.

Inbal

Today I did PCR for the SP6 gene (2700bp, including primers) from the plasmid pACSP6R (using HF buffer). The product concentration was very low- 14/4 ng/ul, I ran the product in agarose gel and at 50bp was a small smear, apparently the primers.
In conclusion- the PCR didn't work.

Asaf

I mini-preped the starter I have made yesterday of Puc19 12.1 containing the RiboSwitch.
The DNA concentration is 154.5 ng/┬Ál.

Hila

Lior

Cip- me and Noa minipreped the Cip gene for the sequencing. we got 189 ng/ul. Moreover we made a starter for tomorrow.
xyIE- the transformation worked, but apparantly we left them for too long in the 37 degrees so we got colonies with satelites (the bacteria threw the plasmid away). So we took one colony that didnt have much satelites and made a starter for tomorrow.

Noa

Evgeni

Shahar

Rachel

Today we ran PCR reaction, with suitable primers we had planned, for amplification of T7RNAP