Team:Bordeaux/Second

From 2012.igem.org

(Difference between revisions)
 
Line 60: Line 60:
<li><a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Bordeaux/Eleventh">Eleventh Week</a></li>
<li><a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Bordeaux/Eleventh">Eleventh Week</a></li>
<li><a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Bordeaux/Twelfth">Twelfth Week</a></li>
<li><a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Bordeaux/Twelfth">Twelfth Week</a></li>
 +
<li><a href="http://2012.igem.org/Team:Bordeaux/Thirteenth">Thirteenth Week</a></li>
 +
</ul>
</ul>

Latest revision as of 18:47, 26 September 2012

Note Book - iGEM Bordeaux 2012

Day 5 : 09-07-2012


Today we didn't get our new competent cells stock so we decided to try again with the plates from last week but with other colonies.
We inoculated two 5 ml LB + Ampicilin 100μg/mL tubes per plate and put them to incubate at 30°C for 19h.

Day 6 : 10-07-2012


Every tube grown well overnight except for the two 1.B tubes wich are clear after centrifugation we confirmed that nothing grew on the two 1.B tubes.
We did a miniprep for the other tubes , As usual we used a QIAprep® Spin Miniprep kit from QIAGEN® Read Protocol
We checked the samples concentration with the nanodrop Read Procedure
We still got bad results ( around 15ng/μL) except for one 1.D tube ( 38,3ng/μL) and one 5.B tube ( 28ng/μL)
We decided to run an agarose 1% gel electrophoresis to confirm what we got on the samples

1.A = BBa_I14015 + pSB2K3 = 4.6 kb
1.D = BBa_C0051 + pSB1A2 = 2.8 kb
5.B = BBa_B0015 + pSB1AK3 = 3.3 kb
We can see that the samples contain the good plasmids
The strange thing is that the concentration seems higher in the 1.A and 5.B samples

We got one sample of XL1blue strain competent cells to test
So we did an electroporation as usual Read Protocol and took 1.B DNA to transform
We plated 50μL and 100μL the transformants on two LB + Ampicilin 100μg/mL plates
We then put them to incubate at 37°C overnight

Day 7 : 11-07-2012


Today we received the package from our team sponsor Thermo scientific
We got the Fastdigest® restriction enzymes we ordered.
We also got a 250 GeneJET™ Plasmid Miniprep Kit Read Protocol
The plates put to grow overnight gave poor results no more than 10 colonies in each plate
We decided to try to regrow the transformants put to freeze on day 3 and to do the low copy plasmids miniprep procedure on the cultures.

We put them and Two XL1 blue 1.B colonies on two 5ml LB + Ampicilin 100μg/mL except for 1.A in LB + Kanamicin 50μg/mL
The tubes were put to incubate 16h at 37°C

Day 8 : 12-07-2012


Every tube grown well overnight except for the two 1.E tubes wich are clear after centrifugation we confirmed that nothing grew on the two 1.E tubes
We did a miniprep for the other tubes , We used our new GeneJET™ Plasmid Miniprep Kit Read Protocol
We checked the samples concentration with the nanodrop Read Procedure.

We got better results than with the QIAGEN® kit
We decided to run an agarose 1% gel electrophoresis to confirm what we got on the samples

Expected sizes :
1.A = 4.6 kb
1.B = 2.1 kb
1.C = 2.6 kb
1.D = 2.8 kb
5.A = 2.1 kb
5.B = 3.3 kb
On this gel we can see that there is a purity problem on 1.C sample and that 1.B samples are out of place , near the 3.5 kb marker tommorow we will run a gel after restriction to identify the problem with 1.B and 1.C samples.

Day 9 : 13-07-2012


Today we tried to identify the biobricks we had on 1.B , 1.B xl1bue and 1.C samples
We proceeded by doing a restriction with EcoR1 and PST1 in order to extract the biobrick from the plasmid
We the run a gel to identify the plasmid and the biobrick

The gel confirm that 1.C sample is contaminated by another plasmid as we can identify two biobricks ≈ 0.6 kb and ≈ 0.75 kb The sample may be contaminated by 1.D
For 1.B samples we can identify the pSB1A2 plasmid at ≈ 2 kb
But we can't see the biorbrick extracted as it may be only 56 bp long
We ran a 1.5 % agarose gel with a 100 pb ladde

The absence of DNA near the 50 bp marker means that there is not the BBa_K091110 biobrick present in the sample
Next week we will replace it by BBa_K091111