All teams can earn medals. Please see the Judging Criteria page to study the detailed criteria for each type of medal.
- Gold Medal
- Silver Medal
- Bronze Medal
- Software Track Medals (Special medals are awarded to teams in the Software Tools track. Teams must nominate themselves using the Judging Form.)
Prizes at the Regionals
The iGEM 2012 judging committee hopes to award the following Special prizes, conditional on the accomplishments presented by the teams. For the following special prizes, teams must nominate themselves using the Judging Form.
- Best Human Practices Advance
- Best BioBrick Measurement Approach
- Best Model
The following prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- Best New BioBrick Part, Natural
- Best New BioBrick Device, Engineered
- Best Software Tool
- Best New Standard
- Best Wiki
- Best Poster, Regional Level
- Best Presentation
- Grand Prize
- First Runner-up
- Second Runner-up
- Postgraduate Grand Prize
Prizes at the World Championship
The iGEM 2012 judging committee hopes to award the following Area prizes, conditional on the accomplishments presented by the teams. Each prize will be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- Best Food & Energy Project
- Best Environment Project
- Best Health & Medicine Project
- Best Manufacturing Project
- Best New Application Area
- Best Foundational Advance
- Best Information Processing Project
- Best Poster, World Championship Level
- Best Human Practices Advance, World Championship Level
- Safety Commendation, World Championship Level
Please send us any comments or suggestions for awards and judging by email to the judging committee at judging AT igem DOT org.